What are objectives of managerial accounting activity? Managerial accountants and value to an organization by pursuing five major objectives:
- Providing information for decision making and planning, and proactively participating as part of the management team in the decision-making and planning processes.
- Assisting managers in directing and controlling operational activities.
- Motivating managers and other employees toward the organization ‘s goals.
- Measuring the performance of activities, subunits, managers, and other employees within the organization.
- Assisting the organization’s competitive position, and working with other managers to unsure the organization’s long-run competitiveness in its industry.